Thursday, May 21, 2015

THINKING BACK AND I WON'T GO BACK...

About 8 months ago I kept making excuses about why I shouldn't take care of myself..."it is too hard"  "I don't have time"  and the big one "it costs too much."
But then I saw a pic of myself and wanted to cry.  I was embarrassed and disgusted with myself...why did I let myself get like this?  I was so damn stubborn that I could not and would not see what I was doing to myself.

Then in September of last year I FINALLY decided to take that first step and I am so very thankful I did.
YES...I was worried about the cost BUT I looked through our budget and saved up and took that first step and I will NEVER go back!  How I feel now compared to how I felt then is a BIG DIFFERENCE.
Has it been hard?...YES!  Have I wanted to give up?...YES!  Do I have bad days?...YES!  BUT I REMEMBER WHY I STARTED AND HOW FAR I HAVE COME.  
The feeling of being able to look in the mirror and smile is so huge!  Knowing that I am taking care of ME is the best UNSELFISH thing I can do!
This journey has been filled with triumphs and trials BUT I refuse to go back and be the person I once was!
WE ARE ALL ON A JOURNEY....WHERE IS YOURS TAKING YOU?




No comments:

Post a Comment